- Note that iterations 225 and 226 were combined into a single version.
- As mentioned in a previous newsletter, this version will be the last supported Overwolf version for Windows 7/8/8.1.
- A warning has been added to the installer as well as the clients of existing affected users.
- While support for this version will be removed, it will still continue working, and apps can still choose to release updates for it.
- Deprecated API - Deprecated all Gfycat methods, as the site seems to no longer be running.
- New API - overwolf.media.takeScreenshotEX() - Allows an app to further control the settings of file-based game screenshots.
- With the release of this API, file screenshots will now always use the
.jpeg or the
.bmp file formats. Screenshots taken before this version however, will always use the
- New API - overwolf.utils.createLogsZip() - Allows an app to create a local logs.zip from the local users' logs, as opposed to just creating and uploading it directly to the server.
- Updated API - Added the
GetRunningGameInfoResult.elevated field, which indicates whether the running game is running with elevated permissions (Aka Running as Administrator).
- Updated API - Improved the clarity of the exception thrown when selecting an unsupported encoder in StreamSettings - now uses the CaptureErrorCode.UnsupportedEncoder error code.
- Fixed an issue involving app overlay enablement for newly targeted games.
- Fixed an issue where app windows would occassionally freeze when trying to open a new window.
- overwolf.notifications.showToastNotification() will no longer fail if passed an empty
- Downloading an app through an app test channel whose name contains a space (
) character will no longer download the app's public version instead.
- Drag resizing an in-game window will no longer get stuck when releasing the drag outside of the game's screen.
- Game-specific hotkeys will no longer ignore settings changes on the next overwolf start.
- Fixed an issue with the enable overlay notification not showing in some cases.
overwolf.extensions.io.delete() will no longer throw an error when passing in an empty file path.
- Fixed a bug where
overwolf.social.*.share() methods would fail when trying to share a