Competitive integrity is one of our core values, and we work tirelessly to enforce this value, both in-house and with the cooperation of game developers. To ensure that we’re aligned with New World’s attitude towards 3rd party tools, we ask that you make sure you comply with the following guidelines:
As a general rule, a mini-map must follow the exact rules of the compass, and cannot give players an advantage of any type over the compass. And and allinformation to be used for display, even within the limitations expressed below, must originate from the Overwolf API, which may be updated or changed over time.
A mini-map can:
- Show player position*
- Show players in group as the game does on compass
- Only show node placement if they’ve unlocked that node via tradeskills, provided it is within the range that compass would display them.
- Only show AI that was unlocked via tradeskills as with the compass and within range of compass.
- Show quests as they show up on the compass
* Following the removal of coordinates from New World, apps must not show precise coordinates, and use a rounded number instead (up to 25 coordinates). Coordinates obtained using the Overwolf Game Events API come pre-adjusted for this policy.
For further reading, click here.