Note that iterations 160 to 162 were combined into a single iteration.
- Allow apps to add/remove their hotkeys right from the app (using a new API) without opening the OW client UI. You can assign only hotkeys that pre-defined in your manifest.
- Reddit presents new required param for sharing: added a new share param called Flair, and a new function: overwolf.social.reddit.getSubredditFlairs().
- Add to GameInfoUpdatedEvent:
- A new info change type: gameOverlayChanged. Indicates if OW unable to hook input devices when hooking into a game.
- If true, check if overlayInputHookError is true as well to identify that there is a hooking issue.
- Added a new API namespace: overwolf.cryptography.
- Currently supports two functions: encryptForCurrentUser() and decryptForCurrentUser().
- Added overwolf.games.inputTracking.init() for using getMousePosition without pre-register to events.
- Security patches:
- Block browser from creating iframe to extensions://.
- Block iframes inside apps from creating an iframe to extensions:// - unless in externally_connectable
- Block app windows that run in a remote address - from creating iframes to extensions:// - unless in externally_connectable.
- Update to new OBS (141 with sdk 10.0.19041.1).
localstoragesize to ~50MB. Note that localstorage should be used up to 20-25 MB saved data. If you need more than that, you should use other storage.
navigator.storage.persist()for extension:\ scheme.
- FilePicker with multipleSelection splits files with comma in their names.
- Rates and Reviewes: users can leave reviews and rate your app in Overwolf’s App store, and you can browse these ratings and reviews and reply to users from the dev console.